Boca Raton, Florida - April 22, 2016 -ZAMPELL COMPANIES- The National Insulation Association (NIA) announced the 2015 Theodore H. Brodie Distinguished Safety Award winners at its 61st Annual Convention/WIACO in Boca Raton, Florida, on April 21, 2016. Industry leaders from around the globe were in attendance at NIA's Convention and the World Insulation and Acoustic Congress Organization (WIACO) meeting, which is hosted in the United States every 8 years.
NIA's Safety Award is the only national award for outstanding safety performance in the mechanical insulation industry. NIA created the award program in 2004 to recognize top companies that have established structured safety programs to ensure the well-being of their employees and create safe working environments.
NIA's Executive Vice President/CEO Michele M. Jones said, "NIA applauds our member companies that make safety a top priority. Two years ago, we were excited to double the number of Platinum winners over the previous year, and this year we are thrilled to set a new record with 28 Platinum winners. We were also very pleased to increase the total number of Contractor applicant companies this year. NIA's goal is to help our members take their safety programs to the next level to help ensure a safe workplace for all employees. We would like to congratulate all of this year's winners."
Throughout the judging process, applicant companies remain anonymous and winners are evaluated on the basis of their overall safety program, means of communication, and safety policy. The judging panel of expert safety professionals includes Health and Safety Committee leadership and NIA's General Counsel and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Expert Gary Auman of Dunlevey, Mahan & Furry. All applicant companies receive an individualized and detailed Safety Training Analysis Results (STAR) Report, which includes personalized recommendations based on each applicant's answers to the application questions.
NIA's Safety Award program honors 4 levels of excellence: Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze for Associates (Manufacturers), Contractors, Distributors/Fabricators, and new for 2015: Metal Building Laminators.
The Contractor category winners are:
- Advanced Energy Protection, LLC, Lancaster, PA
- Advanced Industrial Services, LLC, Toledo, OH
- Advanced Nuclear, LLC, Lancaster, PA
- Advanced Specialty Contractors, LLC, Aston, PA
- Atlantic Contracting & Specialties, LLC, Yonkers, NY
- Brace Integrated Services, Houston, TX
- Cornerstone Services Group, LLC, Kansas City, MO
- Farwest Insulation Contracting, Anaheim, CA
- F & H Insulation Sales and Services, Inc., Kechi, KS
- Geo. V. Hamilton, Inc., McKees Rocks, PA
- Gribbins Insulation Company, Inc., Evansville, IN
- Iowa Illinois Taylor Insulation Company, Davenport, IA
- I-Star Energy Solutions, Lancaster, PA
- L & C Insulation, Inc., La Crosse, WI
- Luse Thermal Technologies, Aurora, IL
- New States Contracting, LLC, Sayreville, NJ
- Performance Contracting, Inc., Lenexa, KS
- Summit Contracting, LLC, Salt Lake City, UT
- Thermal Solutions-Ohio, Inc., Proctorville, OH
- Zampell Companies, Newburyport, MA